Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Ranking of the Indies #0

Wrestling owns. There are massive gaps in my knowledge of wrestling however. Mexico, pre-2010 New Japan, All Japan, Battlarts, Memphis. But what I'm really interested in is what was going on during the "Monday Night Wars" and the aftermath of the deaths of WCW and ECW outside of the big three. There was a whole world of indie wrestling that was being born in the late 90s/early 00s and I've barely seen any of it. This project is to change that and find once and for all what the best turn of the millennium indie show was.

Borrowing heavily from Giant Bomb dot com's Ranking of Fighters feature, where they apply science to every fighting game ever to determine the best fighting game of all time, I intend to watch every indie show from 1995 to 2005ish that I can get my hands on. This is helped by Powerbomb.tv's fantastic catalog of early IWA:MS, CZW, MAW, and FWE shows. This archive is incomplete however (no TPI 2004 yet!) and will have to be supplemented with DVDs and in some cases VHS. That's exciting.

Every post I will be doing a quick write up of the show and, using science, rank it compared to the other shows I've watched. At the end of the experiment I intend to have discovered the very best, and the very worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment